Completion of the Civil Litigation Concentration requires that all Concentration students:
- Complete a minimum of twenty three (23) credits in the approved Civil Litigation Concentration courses;
- Complete an approved Legal Internship or Clinical Program;
- Attain upon graduation a minimum cumulative average of 3.25 in such Civil Litigation Concentration courses and not receive a grade of less than C (2.0)in any such course;
- Attain upon graduation a minimum cumulative average of 3.00 (B) for the entire J.D. program; and
- Satisfy the Civil Litigation Concentration's legal writing requirement with either:
- A paper which meets the standards of the Law School's legal writing requirement, and has been written for an approved Civil Litigation Concentration course or as part of a Directed Study project with a full time faculty member; OR
- A Concentration Thesis, which has been written under the supervision of a full time faculty member on a Civil Litigation topic, and has been approved by the Faculty Director of the Concentration; OR
- A law journal piece or moot court brief whose subject matter comes within the scope of a Concentration course, and has been approved by the Faculty Director of the Concentration.
- None of these requirements may be waived for any Civil Litigation Concentration students.
As soon as a Concentration student has met these stated criteria, the student should complete and file a Notice of Concentration Completion form with the Registrar's office. This form lists all Concentration courses taken, the grades received, the credits received for Concentration courses and the successful completion of the writing requirement.
- Civil Litigation Concentration students who have met all the criteria noted above, to the satisfaction of the Concentration Faculty Director, will receive a Civil Litigation Concentration certificate in addition to their Law School diplomas.
- A notation indicating successful completion of the Civil Litigation Concentration will appear on a student's final Law School transcripts.
Graduation with Distinction
Students will graduate with the Distinction in the Civil Litigation Concentration if they either:
- Achieve a cumulative 3.5 grade point average in Civil Litigation Concentration courses, OR
- Satisfy all Concentration requirements and complete a Civil Litigation Concentration Thesis.
Graduation with the Concentration with Distinction will also be noted on students' final Law School transcripts.