PROFESSOR VALERIE C. EPPS
Recent Papers, Panels and Symposia
- Panelist at Conference on Sovereignty and Intervention, held at Tufts University, Medford, MA. (February 28, 2003): The International Criminal Court: Contested Jurisdiction.
- New England Cable News interview on Security Council Resolutions on Iraq (November 14, 2002).
- Panelist at Conference on: The ICTY at Ten: A Critical Assessment of The International Criminal Tribunal Over the Past Decade, held at New England School of Law, Boston (November 9, 2002): The Availability of the Defense of Duress to Charges of War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity.
- Lectures at Suffolk - UMKC Summer Law Program, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford University, U.K. 2002: Terrorism and the Laws of War (August 5, 2002); The Legality of Assassinations (August 7, 2002).
- Address on The Status of the Guantanamo Detainees, held at the Boston Bar Association (March 11, 2002).
- Panelist at conference on the International Right to Health; held at Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA.: Managing Globalization to Improve Health (March 20, 2002).
- Roundtable of Experts on Intermediate Sovereignty: New England School of Law: Sponsored by the Carnegie Foundation (May 4, 2001).
- Teach-In on Terrorism, Suffolk University Law School (September 20, 2001).
- ILSA Conference, New England School of Law: Winning Jessup Tactics (November 9, 2001).
- WBZ Radio Interview and Channel 56 News interview on terrorism (September 12, 2001).
- CNN interview on 9/11 events (September 21, 2001).
- Appeared on WGBH Channel 2 Greater Boston on Zacharius Moussoui's indictment (December 12, 2001).
- Bridging Self-Determination and Territorial Sovereignty: Experts Round Table, Boston (May 4, 2001).
- Equal Access to Justice: Immigration Law, Boston (March 2, 2001).
- Globalizing Constitutional Law, AALS Conference (January 4, 2001).
- Universal Jurisdiction: Permissive or Mandatory, Boston (November 3, 2000).
- Teaching the Laws of War: Much Too Important to be Left to the Military Academies, New York (October 26, 2000).
- The Nagorno Karabach Crisis: A Time for Resolution, Conference Panelist: The Right to Self-Determination and Conflict Resolution, American University, Washington D.C. (May 18, 2000).
- Preventing Genocide Conference: Speaker on The Availability of International Courts, Suffolk University Law School, Boston (April 15, 2000).
- International Law Association's International Law Weekend Conference Panelist: 1) Innovations in Teaching International Law: International Law Clinics 2) Self-Determination After Kosovo and East Timor, New York (November 6, 1999).
- International Extradition and the Pinochet Case, Lecture, CLE Program, Oxford, U.K. (August 9, 1999).
- The War Over Kosovo: A Teach-In Forum, Speaker, The National Lawyers Guild, Suffolk University Law School, Boston (June 3, 1999)
- Panelist: The Kosovo Crisis and the Use of Force, Christ Church, Cambridge, MA. (April 17, 1999).
- Navigating the Frontiers of Work Related Immigration CLE Program, Suffolk University Law School, Boston (April 9th, 1999).
- New England Cable News, Interview on the Kosovo Crisis, April 2nd, 1999.
- Panelist: Innovations in Teaching International Law; International Law Association, Annual Conference, New York (November 13, 1998).
- Panelist: The Extradition of Augusto Pinochet; The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University (November 16, 1998).
- Panelist: Peace and Democracy: The Link and the Policy Options; International Law Association, Annual Conference, New York (November 7, 1997).
- Panelist: The Concept of Self in Self-Determination in the Taiwan/China Context, Conference on Bridging the Taiwan Strait, New England School of Law (October 17, 1997).
- Panelist: The Implementation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Conference on Transforming International Law into Reality, The Coalition for a Strong United Nations, Hampshire College Massachusetts (September 27, 1997).
- Moderator: The Indian Reorganization Act and the Yugoslav War Crimes Tribunal: Legal Solutions in Sovereign Nations: Annual Academic Convention, Suffolk University, Boston, (March 8, 1997).
- Panelist: The New Dynamics of Self-Determination: International Law Association, Annual Conference, New York (November 1, 1996).
- Moderator: The Significance of the United Nations Secretary-General, John F. Kennedy Library, Boston, (October 13, 1996).
- Panelist, The International Trial of the Century: Reflections on the Yugoslavian War Crimes Tribunal, United Nations Association of Greater Boston, (March 12, 1996).
- Panelist, The World Court and the International Criminal Court, Conference on Reforming the United Nations, J. F. Kennedy Library, Boston, (November 11, 1995).
- Moderator: International War Crimes Tribunal: The Case of the Former Yugoslavia; Suffolk University, Boston, (April 28, 1994).