FACULTY PUBLICATIONS 2010-2011
Michael Avery and Karen Blum
- POLICE MISCONDUCT, LAW AND LITIGATION (with David Rudovsky) (3d edition 2010).
- The Problem with Intellectual Property Rights: Subject Matter Expansion, 13 YALE J.L. & TECH. 35 (2010).
- Section 1983: Qualified Immunity, in Vol. 1 PRACTISING LAW INSTITUTE: 27TH ANNUAL SECTION 1983 CIVIL RIGHTS LITIGATION (2010).
- Local Government Liability Under Section 1983, in Vol. 2 PRACTISING LAW INSTITUTE: 27TH ANNUAL SECTION 1983 CIVIL RIGHTS LITIGATION (2010).
- Section 1983 Litigation: Post-Pearson and Post-Iqbal, 26 TOURO L. REV. 433 (2010).
- Retribution, in A SOCIAL HISTORY OF CRIME & PUNISHMENT: AN ENCYCLOPEDIA (forthcoming 2011).
- Cultural Relativism, in ENCYCLOPEDIA OF GLOBAL JUSTICE (forthcoming 2011).
- Economic Rights as Group Rights, 15 U. PA. J. L. & SOC. CHANGE (forthcoming 2011).
- Licensed to Kill: Spy Fiction and the Demise of Law, 47 SAN DIEGO L REV. 641 (2010).
- With or Without You: Debt, Equity and the Continuity of Interest, 15 STANFORD J.L. BUS. & FINANCE 101 (2010).
- Stealth Inequity:Using Corporate Integration to Ease Unfairness in the Tax Code, 2 WM. & MARY POL'Y REV. 53 (2010).
Frank Rudy Cooper
- Masculinities, Post-racialism adn the Gates Controversy, 11 NEVADA L.J. 1 (2011).
- 'You Have the Right to an Attorney', but Not Right Now: Combating Miranda's Failure by Advancing the Point of Attachment under Article 12 of the Massachusetts Declaration of Rights, 44 SUFFOLK L. REV. (forthcoming 2010).
Kate Nace Day and Russell G. Murphy
- "Just Trying To Be Human in This Place": Storytelling and Film in the First-Year Law School Classroom, 39 STETSON L. REV. 247 (2009).
- Barking Up the Wrong Tree: Companion Animals, Emotional Damages and the Judiciary's Failure to Keep Pace, N. ILL. L. REV. (forthcoming 2011).
- Anglo-Saxon/Celtic/Global: The Tax-Driven Tale of Ireland in the European Union, 36 N.C.J. INT'L. L. & COM. REG. 1 (2010).
- PRACTICAL EDUCATION FOR THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY (2d edition 2010).
Kathleen C. Engel
- THE SUBPRIME VIRUS (2011) (with Patricia McCoy).
- Forward to the States in the Vanguard: Protecting Consumers during the Financial Crisis, 44 SUFFOLK L. REV. 1 (2011).
- A Framework for Consumer Protection in Home Mortgage Lending, in THE AMERICAN MORTGAGE SYSTEM: CRISIS AND REFORM (forthcoming 2011) (with T. Fitzpatrick).
Valerie Epps and Lorie Graham
- INTERNATIONAL LAW: EXAMPLES AND EXPLANATIONS (2011).
- UNLOCKING THE GLOBAL WARMING TOOLBOX (2010).
- THE LAW OF INDEPENDENT POWER (1989; Supp. 2010 & 2011).
- Renewable Energy and International Climate Controls, THE ELECTRICITY JOURNAL
- Restructuring a Green Grid: Legal Challenges to Accommodate New Renewable Energy Infrastructure, 39 LEWIS & CLARK ENVTL. L.J. 977 (2010).
- Cubing the Kyoto Protocol: Post-Copenhagen Regulatory Reforms to Reset the Global Thermostat, UCLA J. ENVTL. L & POL'Y (forthcoming 2011).
- Of Complicity and Compliance: A Rule-Based anti-Complicity Strategy under Federal Securities Law, 14 U. PA. J. BUS. L. (forthcoming 2011).
- Do Sexual Harassment Claimants Get Two Bites of the Apple?: Sexual Harassment Litigation after Fitzgerald v. Barnstable County School Committee, 59 DRAKE L. REV. 41 (2010).
- A Look at the Compulsory License in Investment Arbitration: The Case of Indirect Expropriation, 25 AM. U. INT'L L. REV. 357 (2010).
- Latent Grounds in Investor-State Arbitration : Do International Investment Agreements provide New Means to Enforce IntellectualPproperty Rights?, in Karl P. Sauvant, ed., YEARBOOK OF INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT LAW & POLICY 2009-2010 (2010).
Joseph W. Glannon
- CIVIL PROCEDURE: A COURSEBOOK (2011) (with Andrew M. Perlman and Peter Raven-Hansen).
- Mediating with Lies in the Room, in Ellen Waldman, ed., MEDIATION ETHICS (2011).
- Using Evaluations in Mediation, in HANDBOOK ON MEDIATION (Amer. Arbitration Ass'n. 2010) (with Marjorie Aaron).
- LAWYER NEGOTIATION: THEORY, PRACTICE AND LAW (2d edition 2010) (with Jay Folberg).
- TEACHER'S MANUAL FOR LAWYER NEGOTIATION (2010).
- MEDIATION: THEORY, LAW AND PRACTICE (2010).
- Indigenous Sovereignty, Culture and International Human Rights Law, 110 S. ATLANTIC Q. 403 (2011).
- A Right to Media?, 42 COLUM. HUM. RTS. L. REV. 101 (2010).
- Reconciling Collective and Individual Rights: Indigenous Education and International Human Rights Law, UCLA J. INT'L L. & FOREIGN AFF. (forthcoming 2011).
Lorie Graham and Stephen McJohn
- Thirty-two Short Stories About Intellectual Property, 3 HASTINGS SCI. & TECH. L.J. 1 (2011).
- LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT ARBITRATION (2d ed. 1997; Supp. 2010) (with Tim Bornstein and Ann Gosline).
- The Limits of "Extraordinary Power": A Survey of First-Degree Murder Appeals Under Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 28, Section 33E, 16 SUFFOLK J. TRIAL & APP. ADVOC. 1 (2011).
Stephen C. Hicks
- GLOBALIZATION AND THE U.S. LAW SCHOOL: COMPARATIVE AND CULTURAL PERSPECTIVES 1906-2006 (2009) (with Kjell A. Modeer).
Bernie D. Jones
- Garner v. Gerrish and the Renter's Life Estate: Teaching A New Concept of "Home", 2 FAULKNER U.L. REV. 1 (2010).
- ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNOLOGY: A LAWYER'S GUIDE TO THE EMERGING LAW AND SCIENCE (2d edition 2010) (with Maureen McBrien).
- KINDREGAN AND INKER'S MASSACHUSETTS DOMESTIC RELATIONS RULES AND STATUTES AND FEDERAL STATUTES ANNOTATED (2011).
- Case 21-2010: A Request for Retrieval of Oocytes from a 36-Year Old Woman with Anoxic Brain Injury, 363:3 NEW ENG. J. MED. 276 (July 15, 2010) (co-author).
- Taxing Parenthood: Federal Tax Law and Collaborative Reproduction, 24:3 AM. J. FAM. L. 134 (2010).
- ALABAMA FAMILY LAW (2008; Supp. 2010 & 2011) (with Judith S. Crittenden).
- FAMILY LAW AND PRACTICE WITH FORMS, Vols. 1, 2, 2A, and 3 Mass. Prac. Ser. (2002; Supp. 2011) (with Patricia Kindregan).
Renee M. Landers
- "Tomorrow" May Finally Have Arrived--The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: A Necessary First Step toward Health Care Equity in the United States, 6 J. HEALTH AND BIOMEDICAL L. 65 (2010).
- UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE FORMS ANNOTATED (2005; Supp. 2009-2010).
- MANUAL ON UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE (2002; Supp. 2010).
- The Venn Diagram of Business Lawyering Judgments: Toward a Theory of Practical Metadisciplinarity, 46 SETON HALL L. REV. 1 (2011).
- Can There Be a Religion of Reasons? A Response to Leiter's Circular Conception of Religion, 26 J.L. & RELIG. 43 (2010).
- Top Tens in 2010: Patent and Trademark Cases, 9 NW. J. TECH. & INTELL. PROP. 313 (2011).
- Top Tens in 2010: Copyright and Trade Secret Cases, 9 NW. J. TECH. & INTELL. PROP. 325 (2011).
- PROBLEMS AND MATERIALS ON SECURED TRANSACTIONS (8th ed. 2010) (with Douglas Whately).
- THE GLANNON GUIDE TO COMMERCIAL PAPER AND PAYMENT SYSTEMS (2009).
- Leverage, Daniel L. Burk and Mark A. Lemley's THE PATENT CRISIS AND HOW THE COURTS CAN SOLVE IT (2008), INDIANA J. INTELL. PROP. L. (book review) (forthcoming 2011).
Russell G. Murphy
- VOICES OF THE DEATH PENALTY DEBATE: A CITIZEN'S GUIDE TO CAPITAL PUNISHMENT (2010).
Dean Camille Nelson
- Racializing Disability, Disabling Race: Policing Race and Mental Status, 15 BERKELEY J. CRIM. L. 1 (2010).
Hon. Joseph R. Nolan
- APPELLATE PROCEDURE, Vol. 41 Mass. Prac. Ser. (3d edition 2009; Supp. 2010-2011).
- CIVIL PRACTICE, Vols. 9-9A Mass. Prac Ser. (3d edition 2004; Supp. 2010) (with Bruce Henry).
- CRIMINAL LAW, Vol. 32 Mass. Prac. Ser. (3d edition 2001; Supp. 2010-2011).
- EQUITABLE REMEDIES, Vol. 31 Mas. Prac. Ser. (3d edition 2007; Supp. 2010) (with Laurie J. Sartorio).
- TORT LAW, Vol. 37-37A Mass. Prac. Ser. (3d edition 2005; Supp. 2010) (with Laurie J. Sartorio).
Marc G. Perlin
- HANDBOOK OF CIVIL PROCEDURE IN THE MASSACHUSETTS DISTRICT COURT (4th edition 2009; Supp. 2011) (with John M. Connors).
- MOTTLA'S PROOF OF CASES IN MASSACHUSETTS, Vols. 1-3 (3d edition 1995; Supp. 2010-2011).
- COLLECTION LAW: DEBTOR CREDITOR PRACTICE, PROCEDURE, REMEDIES, Vols. 48-48A Mass. Prac. Ser. (3d edition 2000; Supp. 2010) (with Jordan L. Shapiro).
- PROCEDURAL FORMS ANNOTATED, Vols. 10, 10A, 10B, and 10C Mass. Prac. Ser. (5th edition 1990; Supp. 2010) (with Steven H. Blum).
- THE RULES: A PRINT AND ONLINE RULES FOR MASSACHUSETTS, CONTAINING CIVIL AND CRIMINAL RULES FOR STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS (Boston: Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2010).
Andrew M. Perlman
- REGULATION OF LAWYERS: STATUTES AND STANDARDS (2011) (with Stephen Gillers and Roy Simon).
- CIVIL PROCEDURE (2011) (with Joseph W. Glannon and Peter Raven-Hansen).
- The Parallel Law of Lawyering in Civil Litigation, 79 FORDHAM L. REV. 1965 (2011).
- The Legal Ethics of Metadata Mining, 43 AKRON L. REV. 785 (2010).
- Remedying Law's Partiality Through Social Science, in Jon Hanson, ed., IDEOLOGY, PSYCHOLOGY, AND LAW (forthcoming 2011).
- THE LOGIC OF DISCIPLINE: GLOBAL CAPITALISM AND THE ARCHITECTURE OF GOVERNMENT (2010).
- Building Resilience: Macrodynamic Constraintsk on Governmental Response to Crises, in Louise Comfort, et al, eds., DESIGNING RESILIENCE: PREPARING FOR EXTREME EVENTS (2010).
- An Ungovernable Anarchy: The United States' Response to Depression and Default, 1837-1848, 45:4 INTERECONOMICS: REVIEW OF EUROPEAN ECONOMIC POLICY 1 (Jul./Aug. 2010).
- The End of an Idea? The Bush Administration and the Exhaustion of the Politicized Presidency, 70:4 PUB. ADMIN. REV. 574 (Jul./Aug. 2010) (with D. Moynihan).
Elbert L. Robertson
- Does Antitrust Regulation Violate the Rule of Law?, 22 LOY. CONSUMER L. REV. 108 (2009).
Marc A. Rodwin
- CONFLICTS OF INTEREST AND THE FUTURE OF MEDICINE: THE UNITED STATES, FRANCE, ADN JAPAN (2011).
- New Standards for Medical Review Organizations: Holding Them and Health Plans Accountable for Their Decisions, 30:3 HEALTH AFFAIRS 519 (2011).
- Patient Data: Property, Privacy & the Public Interest, 36 AM. J.L. & MED. 586 (2010).
- Drug Advertising, Continuing Medical Education and Physician Prescribing: A Historical Review and Reform Proposal, 38 J.L. MED. & ETHICS 807 (2010).
- The Metamorphosis of Managed Care: Implications for Health Care Reform Internationally, 38:2 J.L. MED. & ETHICS 352 (2010).
- Patient Data: Professionalism, Property and Policy, in David Rothman and David Blumenthal, eds., MEDICAL PROFESSIONALISM IN A NEW INFORMATION AGE (2010).
Michael L. Rustad
- SOFTWARE LICENSING PRINCIPLES & PRACTICAL STRATEGIES (2010).
- Parens Patriae Litigation to Redress Societal Damages from the BP Oil Spill: The Latest Stage in the Evolution of Crimtorts, 29 UCLA J. ENVTL. L. & POL'Y 102 (2011) (with Thomas Koenig).
- The Exportability of the Principles of Software Contracts: Lost in Translation, 2 HASTINGS SCI. & TECH. L.J. 25 (2010) (with Maria Vittoria Onufrio).
- Deciding Whether the Death Penalty Should be Abolished, 44 SUFFOLK L. REV. 193 (2010) (with Thomas Koenig).
- Torts as Public Wrongs, 38 PEPPERDINE L. REV. 433 (211) (Symposium: Does the World Still Need United States Tort Law? Or Did It Ever?)
- Reforming Public Interest Tort Law To Address Health and Environmental Catastrophes, J. HEALTH CARE L. & POL'Y (forthcoming 2011) (with Thomas Koenig).
- Showcasing Diversity, 89 N.C. L. REV. 1017 (2011) (with Mitu Gulati).
- Liability for Unconscious Discrimination? A Thought Experiment in the Theory of Employment Discrimination Law, 62 HASTINGS L.J. 67 (2010).
- Distinguishing Causal and Normative Questions in Empirical Studies of Judging, LEGAL WORKSHOP (DUKE L.J., Mar. 9, 2010).
- Comparative Tales of Origins and Access: The Future of Intellectual Property Law, 61 CASE W. RES. L. REV. 195 (2011).
- Reasoning from Literature, 22 YALE J.L. & HUMAN 339 (2010).
- Language and Culture in Intellectual Property Law: A Book Review (reviewing Jessica Reyman's "The Rhetoric of Intellectual Property: Copyright and the Regulation of Digital Culture") in THE IP LAW BOOK REVIEW (2010).
- The Semiotics of Film in U.S. Supreme Court Jurisprudence, in Anne Wagner and Richard Sherwin, eds., VISUAL SEMIOTICS AND LAW (forthcoming 2011).
- Harvesting Intellectual Property, 86 NOTRE DAME L. REV. (forthcoming 2011).
- Persuasive Visions: Film and Memory, in LAW, CULTURE & THE HUMANITIES (forthcoming 2011).
- Envisioning Justice: A Book Review, reviewing Judith Resnik's and Dennis Curtis' REPRESENTING JUSTICE: INVENTION, CONTROVERSY AND RIGHTS IN CITY-STATES AND DEMOCRATIC COURTROOMS, J. LEGAL EDUC. (forthcoming 2011).
- Foreign Citizens in Transnational Class Actions, 97 CORNELL L. REV. (forthcoming 2011).
- Fees, Incentives, and Deterrence: A Reply to Professor Fitzpatrick, U. PA. L. REV. PENNumbra (forthcoming 2011).
- Reductio ad Hitlerum: Trumping the Judicial Nazi Card, 2009 MICH. ST. L. REV. (2009).
- Who Cares?, DREXEL L. REV. (forthcoming 2011).
- Consumer Protection in Transnational Contexts, 58 AM J. COMP. L. 135 (2010) (with Jacques deLisle).
- Chapter on Article VII GATT, in MAX PLANCK COMMENTARIES ON WORLD TRADE LAW, VOL. 5 WTO--TRADE IN GOODS (2010).
- The Blurred Boundaries of Social Networking in the Legal Field: Just "Face" It, 41 U. MEMPHIS L. REV. 355 (2010).
Jeffrey D. Wittenberg
- PRODUCTS LIABILITY: RECREATION AND SPORTS EQUIPMENT (1985; Supp. 2010).
- COMMERCIAL CONTRACTING: SALES UNDER THE UCC (2009; Supp. 2010 & 2011).
- Workplace Bullying and the Law:Emerging Global Responses, in Stale Einarsen, et al, eds., BULLYING AND HARASSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE: DEVELOPMENTS IN THEORY, RESEARCH AND PRCTICE (2d ed. 2011).
- Therapeutic Jurisprudence and the Practice of Legal Scholarship, 41 U. MEMPHIS L. REV. 121 (2010).
- Workplace Bullying and American Employment Law: A Ten-Year Progress Report and Assessment, 32 COMP. LAB. L. & POL''Y J. 251 (2010).
- Employment Law as if People Mattered: Bringing Therapeutic Jurisprudence into the Workplace, 11 FLA. COASTAL L. REV. 257 (2010).
Compiled by Ellen Delaney
Created: May 5, 2011
To contact with questions or suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org