NEWS OF NOTE
|Suffolk Law's patent law concentration was featured in the Boston Globe. Read the article.
In Summer 2011, Suffolk University Law School studied* who's working in patent law in Boston's top patent law firms. Here's what we found:
- There are 121 Suffolk University Law School-educated partners and associates working in patent law in Boston's 25 top patent firms—more than any other school in the country. (The list of Boston's top patent firms used in data collection was generated from the Avery Index.)
For individuals licensed with the USPTO as patent attorneys or patent agents:
- Suffolk Law has more patent law partners in Boston (53) than any other school in the country.
- Suffolk has the most patent attorneys—55 (not including partners)—that's more than any other school.
- Suffolk has 96 partners, attorneys, agents, or technical specialists in Boston with a Ph.D. or Masters. The next school in the ranking has 17.
- Suffolk has the most patent attorneys and technical specialists with a Ph.D.—66 in all who are practicing. The next school in the ranking has 9.
Graphics below reflect individuals licensed with the USPTO as patent attorneys or patent agents.